Our commitment to your privacy
Your consent is important
What types of personal data do we collect
Personal data refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of edxaPay including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about the individual. The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to your name, address, other contact details, age, occupation, marital status, financial information such as your income, or income tax particulars your identity card or passport, place of birth, credit history and your transaction history. The personal data we collect can be either obligatory or voluntary. Obligatory personal data are those that we require in order to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with obligatory personal data, we would not be able to provide you with our products and services. Voluntary personal data are those that are not mandatory in order for us to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with voluntary personal data, you can still sign up for our products and services. Obligatory and voluntary personal data differ for each products and services and will be indicated in the application forms.
How do we collect your personal data
We obtain your personal data in various ways, such as:
- When you sign up at edxaPay websites.
- When you contact edxaPay through various methods such as application forms, emails and letters, telephone calls and conversations you have with our staff in a branch. If you contact us or we contact you using telephone, we may monitor or record the phone call for quality assurance, training and security purposes.
- From our analysis of your transactions.
- When you participate in customer surveys or when you sign up for any of our competitions or promotions.
- When we obtain any data and information from third parties.
- When you enter into any commercial transactions with edxaPay including but not limited to you providing goods and/or services or your professional services;
- From publicly available sources.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you signed up with an Internet service provider. When you visit our website, your IP address is automatically logged in our server. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. From your IP address, we may identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing our website. Generally we do not link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you unless it is required by law and regulation.
Information on Cookies
What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
We may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To send bills and receipts.
- To assess your application for any of our products and services.
- To verify your financial standing through credit reference checks.
- To manage and maintain your account and facility.
- To evaluate your financial needs and to continue performing the contractual obligations entered into between edxaPay and you.
- To respond to your inquiries and complaints and to resolve disputes.
- For internal functions such as evaluating the effectiveness of marketing, market research, statistical analysis and modelling, reporting, audit and risk management and to prevent fraud.
- In addition, we may also use your personal data for the fulfillment of any regulatory requirements and for any other reasons connected with providing you the services you require and fulfillment of any commercial transactions entered into by you with edxaPay.
From time to time, we may share your personal data with other entities within edxaPay, our agents or strategic partners and other third parties (“other entities”) as edxaPay deems fit and you may receive marketing communication from us or from these other entities about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, please notify us to withdraw your consent and we will stop processing and sharing your personal data with these other entities for the purpose of sending you marketing communications.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication, you may contact us using the contact details found below. Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to fourteen (14) working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing or promotional materials, edxaPay may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the accounts, facilities or services that you hold or have subscribed to with edxaPay.
To whom do we disclose your personal data
Your personal data held by us shall be kept confidential. However, in order to provide you with effective and continuous products and services and to comply with any legal and regulatory requirements, we may need to disclose your personal data to:
- Other entities within edxaPay.
- Credit reference agencies.
- Our agents and service providers with whom we have contractual agreements for some of our functions, services and activities.
- Financial service providers.
- Our merchants and strategic partners.
- Parties authorized by you.
- Enforcement regulatory and governmental agencies as permitted or required by law, authorized by any order of court or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities.
The disclosure of your data may involve the transfer of your personal data to places outside of Malaysia, and by providing us your personal data you agree to such a transfer where it is required to provide you the services you have requested, and for the performance of any contractual obligations you have with edxaPay including for storage purposes.
How do we protect your data
The security of your personal data is our priority. edxaPay takes all physical, technical and organisational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data. If we disclose any of your personal data to our authorized agents or service providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to them.
How long may we retain your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements. Afterwards we will destruct or permanently delete your data.
How you can contact us about privacy questions